* * WELCOME to our farm in Willis, Texas * *
Registered Dorpers and commercial Katahdin sheep are our focus, producing quality seed breeding stock you would be proud to add to your breeding program. We also offer lambs to purchase for your dinner table.
Our Program consists of
- Producing full-blood Registered Dorper ram and ewe lambs sired by our registered Dorper ram. Our lambs are of quality bloodlines and will be a fine addition to any breeding program.
- Producing Dorper/Katahdin cross commercial lambs for either a breeding program or market. All crosses are out of full-blood Dorper and Katahdin stock.
- Appealing to the consumer that prefers to buy from an established local farm that produces non-feedlot, pasture raised, humanely managed animals for their food source; to the consumer who prefers to eat healthy with a lower fat diet. We use NO growth hormones, and limit the use of antibiotics only to manage the health of the animals.
- Developing and making available an outstanding lamb product from our flocks of Dorper and Katahdin hair sheep.
- Increasing awareness of the Dorper and Katahdin breeds in Texas by promoting Dorper and Katahdin lamb.
we encourage you to study our entire website
to learn more about our philosophy and how our operation can work for you
We are members of this prestigious organization which is the only Dorper organization in the United States recognized by the South African Dorper Society.
Flock: Hickman Dorpers............ID#TX26572
Records are an important tool in eradicating scrapie in sheep and goats.
According to Phillip Glass of Half Circle Six Ranches, "No Dorper or White Dorper sheep has ever been diagnosed with scrapie anywhere in the world. All cases of scrapie found in the US have been in black face medium wool breeds or sheep and goats kept with them." We do not codon test our sheep.